Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Vampires and Knitting

When I saw this book previewed on Amazon, there is no way I couldn't buy it.  Into the shopping cart it went.  Some things are just must haves....no questions, no regrets.  What could be better...Vampirish stuff made with yarn.  It will be released on September 12th.  Hopefully many romantic patterns, just in time for me to make my yarn selectin while attending Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival this year.  Yes that's right....finally we are heading to Rhinebeck to attend this wonderful festival.  I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  Actually the two girlies and I are taking Amtrak to Boston so we can spend the week with my parent's in Salem.  We will all leave for Rhinebeck on friday.  We have an appt. at the Culinary Insititue Of America for Abby to take a tour, since this is her first choice of schools.  Then onward to relish in the wonderful world fiber and food.  Two of my favorite things. 

While we are in New England for the week I plan on spending the day in Boston with the girlies.  Showing them how to ride the subway, having dim sum for breakfast at the Windsor Dim Sum Cafe in Chinatown, hitting the Great Taste Bakery for some dan taat, and hopefully finding some cute asian shops with cute fabric and knick nacks.  We may hit the aquarium and then the North End (which is the the Italian district) for some shopping at the wonderful Itlalian deli's and dinner in a real Italian restaurant.  Sorry for you people that like Olive Garden and Carrabas.  You have no idea.


I want to visit western Mass one day to see WEBS, which is my moms LYS.  Lucky her...and then got the New England Cheesemaking Supply Company for some cheesemaking supplies.  We have tried mozzarella, but would like to try some hard cheese and blue cheese.

Maine is also on our roadmap, along with lobster rolls and clam strips with the bellies.  YUM.  Something that is impossible to find in the Sunshine State.

This is going to be a wonderful memorial adventure and I can't wait to go smell and see fall in New England.  How I miss it so.  Pumpkin patches, apple orchards, scenic roads bursting with fall foliage, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment