Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cheesy Stuff

I have wanted to try cheese making for a loooong time. I love cheese. Usually expensive cheese. The kind that my kids used to call stinky when they were small. Even when I was little my affection for cheese was great. I used to lock my Italian grandmother in the basement when she would go for the laundry, just to sneak the fresh romano and ricotta by the spoonfuls! She used to get me with the tea towel when I finally sprung her. How we laughed about that when she was alive.

Abby loves goat cheese. I just bought some brined in wine. Very good! We thought about getting a dairy goat for cheese, but are moving so that's out of the picture for now. So I will have to be a consumer of fresh milk for my venture in cheesemaking.     New England Cheesemaking Supply Company has great stuff. I need to order a kit after the move. I dream of fresh cheese rolled in fresh herbs from my garden. Sigh.........

No comments:

Post a Comment