Friday, February 19, 2010

My family loves this simple receipe that I adapted from Tessa Kiros
Apples For Jam cookbook. We call them meat patties and they are simple
and scrumptous.

I use ground sirlon.....about 2.5 pounds.Add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, two minced garlic
cloves, kosher salt and pepper to taste.

The secret is in the bread. I usually just use cheap white bread...4
slices broken up in a seperate bowl and mixed with about 1/4 cup of
whole milk. I mix it until it is a liquid mush. Add a little more milk
if it seems dry.

Add this in with the beef mixture and shape into patties. I bake them
at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

When serving them we place a mixture of lemon juice and olive oil on
top. Soooo good.

I roasted some asparagus in the oven with grape tomatoes that burst
open when ready. Threw on some kosher salt and olive oil and a great
meal was had by all. Even Addy loved it in the blender!

No comments:

Post a Comment