Thursday, January 7, 2010

Smooshy Yarn

Well I drove to The Local Needle today.  I ran out of yarn for the girls sweater shrug that I'm knitting.  It is very nice...very Anthropologie looking.  I'm using Lorenas Laces Shepard Worsted in Pewter and am very happy with it. 



So after arriving there at 10:00 with intentions to run in and get my skein wound and then skiddadle out, I left the shop at 11:15.  I couldn't help myself.  I was reserved though.  I did buy a lovely skein from an Indie company called Stitch Jones.  It's lace weight alpaca/silk/cashmere and the yarn I'm going to use for the spider shawl. 




I also fell in love with a brand of yarn called Dream In Color.  The have a line called Smooshy and then they have a branch off of that called Knitosophy.  The colors are smashing.  One cool thing is the art label and the names of the colors.  Each color also has an inspirational quote on the label.  Each one is hand dyed so you never really know how they will knit up.  I didn't buy any this time because I did by the other two and spent $56.00, but will buy a skein next week.  It looks like one skein will make a pair of socks and cost $25.00. 





No comments:

Post a Comment