Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fantastic Two Days, but pass on the buffalo


The past two days were really fun, busy and tiring at the same time.  I had my second visit at Mayo Clinic and had to spend the night due to a procedure I had to have done.  The second day there I met with one of the docters.  I go back on March 19th to meet with the MS neuro and then my internal medicine doctor, who by the way is wonderful.  That's when all of my test results will be discussed and hopefully I'll get some sort of diagnosis and closure on the thing that has been plaguing me all of these years.   The hospital I work at is the pits compared to Mayo Clinic.  They have everything down to an exact science.  Can't stop gushing about how good they are...sorry!

So had to take advantage of staying in Jacksonville.  Alexis came with me for a mom and daughter overnight trip. It was great.  We ate at Teds Montana Grill


that night.  It was really good food...all made fresh and organic.  I got it in my head that I wanted to try bison.  Convinced myself that I would love it.  Well guess what...I didn't.  The waiter told it me it tasted sweeter....what he really met to say was that it tasted gamey!  It was all I could do to choke down half of the meat.  Now I know buffalo is not my thing.

So we headed off to Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie.  Alexis bought some things there and I just drooled all over the place in Anthropologie , but got control of myself before anyone noticed.

I bought a hippy type sweater at Holister....89.00 to 15.98.  (Clap)  Then we went to Lucky and I bought a gypsey skirt, 2 sweaters, hippie guaze top, long sleeved shirt, a Joan Jett onsie for Addy, bracelet and two necklaces for $122.00.  Wholly hell...Alexis and I added it up and it would have been 650.00.  That my friends was a true jackpot!

We finished our shopping excursion with chocolate cupcakes from the Cheesecake Factory and

                                                                Izzy Sparkling juices.

 I had grapefruit and she had pomegranate.  Life was good again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment