Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Being Thankful




I have many things to be thankful for this year.

1.  My healthy wonderful kids and granddaughter.
2.  A man that loves me.
3.  A good job
4.  Good friends
5.  Roof over my head and food on the table
6.  My grandmother, who is like my mother, is still alive.

When the basics are listed out, I think it puts life in perspective.  It's not how much money you have or how many material things you have.  It's about being with the ones you love.

It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving down here in the South (I'm a Yankee).  But I am excited to hear that a cold front is moving in...I think on Thanksgiving Day.  Yeah!!!  I'm off work this year.  Finally, I can cook.  Pepper and her family are coming to celebrate (eat)  with us.  Then off to the movies and then off to  wait in line for the Balck Friday deals.  Whew...I'm tired already!

No comments:

Post a Comment