Saturday, August 15, 2009

Julie and Julia


The chicks and I went to see Julie and Julia on Monday. I adored this movie. So did Abby.   Julia Child was funny, charming and a kick ass cook. I would love to channel her! Of course we are buying the book Mastering the Art of French Cooking to take to Tybee Island this week. Our goal is to cook every meal with things we have never cooked before. Should be delightful. Each paycheck I am wanting to buy one piece of expensive cookware that will last a lifetime. My first purchase this week will be a dutch oven from Le Creuset. This stuff makes me drool. Abby got accepted into the culinary magnet program which is totally awesome. They travel to different states for cooking competitions, go to New York to the Culinary Insititue of America. They have a restaurant, do catering, have a garden, meat locker, do ice sculptures, etc. I'm so thrilled for her. She wants to go to culinary school in Paris. I'm there! Paris will be her graduation present. Her sister wants to go to Ireland as her graduation gift. Passports need to be had this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment