Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Whole Lot of Rosie Goin' On!



All right ladies...here's a little history lesson for you. We all know Rosie right? You know Rosie the Rivetor with the flexing bicep in World War II advertising. Well who exactly was she anyways? Rose Will Monroe, was born in Kentucky and moved to Michigan during World War II to work as a riveter at the Willow Run Aircraft Well. Unheard of in those days....truly...women were at home birthing babies and actually cooking for their families...working outside the home during this era took guts and courage. She created the movement of women in the workforce that is our norm. She was a tough, gutsy chick.... in my eyes she's a cultural icon. 

Check out the site  
Rosie's Workwear.  They have freakin' cute stuff.  I need to buy a pair of these pink overalls
Plus I need a pair of coveralls to work with my evil beehive. Yes evil, they're bitchy,like little  Rambos in my bee yard.  I can't have that.  I think I need to kill their queen, if I can find her, and replace her.  God rest her soul.  More on that to come... 

2 comments:

  1. I have those pink overalls and I wear them in the scene shop.they are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cori -- I found your beautiful blog because I get Google Alerts on everything that crops up online with the phrase "Living a Charmed Life." I have a new book by that title (Living a Charmed Life: Your Guide to Finding Magic in Every Moment of Every Day) and I did one ten years ago called Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know. Obviously, we share a wavelength! 'Love your hippy-chick thoughts and photos. Best wishes, Victoria

    ReplyDelete