Wednesday, July 8, 2009

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

I survived the big 40.  My girlies at work treated me to lunch at Texas Road House and then with a big fat cake.  I delivered a baby today that shared my birthday.  I got great gifts from the chicks. A gorgeous necklace from an artist on Etsy....     It's a real live (well actually dead now) Queen bee from a hive that died from Colony Collapse Disorder.  Ash got me an antique honey pot, along with a vintage baby deer bookend...very kitchy.  And Noah, well, he cleaned his room and that tickled me PINK.  Which reminds me.  PINK...my favorite color.  It envokes thoughts of fluffy cotton candy from a carnival and pink poodle skirts.

More pink here, if you please. - Franz Liszt

On Friday I get this beauty...I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. ....isn't she pretty????? And guess what???    She's Pretty in Pink!
A
All she needs now is a basket and a sandy beach.
So I guess forty wasn't so bad after all.  It could be worse...I could be like the Queen in the necklace...God rest her soul!

1 comment:

  1. I see that pink schwinn roxie bike everyday on campus. I SOOO want to ride it.

    ReplyDelete